Goose Dogs For Sale provides businesses, golf courses, sports venues, and other large outdoor spaces with humane, effective, and affordable goose control solutions. At Goose Dogs For Sale, every Border Collie for sale is bred, raised, trained, and guaranteed to herd geese without touching or harming them.
Our dogs serve as ‘green’ pest control solutions, keeping properties free from the mess geese leave behind. If you’re worried about the growing geese population on your property, it’s time to look into buying a Border Collie for sale.
Border Collies for Goose Management
Border Collies are an absolutely beautiful breed. They are considered one of the most intelligent dogs in the world, and they are in high demand as pets and as working dogs. But since they are high energy dogs, Border Collies generally do not make good pets unless they receive a lot of exercise and enrichment.
Border Collies excel at many jobs, but their unique ability to herd and stalk makes them perfect for one job in particular— protecting humans and properties against aggressive, unsanitary, and unsightly Canada geese.
The Huge Problem with Canada Geese
Canada geese were originally shipped to the east coast by hunters in the early 1900s to act as live decoys during hunting season. When it became illegal to do such a thing, the Canada geese were released in 1935 and have been increasing in numbers ever since. In Northern Virginia and across the United States, the goose population has skyrocketed because of their long lifespans (up to 30 years) and very few natural predators. Left unchecked, geese living in large outdoor spaces with mowed areas and bodies of water –like public parks, golf courses, school campuses, concert grounds, and other venues— will quickly transform the place into a shabby, dirty nightmare.
Here are some reasons geese are such disturbing pests:
· They are very aggressive to people and other animals, and their attacks can cause injuries.
· Geese eliminate fecal waste every eight minutes. One goose can consume up to four pounds of grass per day, creating about three pounds of fecal matter daily. In large concentrations, this matter can contribute to excessive nutrient loading because fecal matter contains 76 percent carbon, 4.4 percent nitrogen, and 1.3 percent phosphorus. These nutrients can cause algal blooms and excessive plant growth in lakes. (Reference: https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/pip/factsheets/bb/documents/bb-53.pdf)
· The fecal waste of geese contains salmonella, giardia, E. coli, and other communicable pathogens, bacteria, and parasites that are toxic to humans and pets.
· They disrupt the balance of the ecosystem by overly consuming native plants.
· Uncontrolled, Canada geese pose a serious threat to general health and welfare.
Border Collies: Effective and Humane Way of Driving Away Geese
While Canada geese do pose serious problems, they are still protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty (MBTA) 1918. This means that it’s illegal for geese to be killed or harmed apart from a narrow hunting window.
Unfortunately, solutions like visual deterrents, chemical solutions, and noisemakers have been proven useless against Canada geese. Even worse, methods like having a managed goose control service can be very expensive especially for large sites.
Border Collies present an effective, humane, and affordable long-term solution. A trained goose dog knows how to spot Canada geese. They’ll intimidate these fowl and force them to fly away from your property and more importantly, to stay away. They will stand as predators to Canada geese without touching or harming them in any way.
What You Get When You Buy From Us
At Goose Dogs For Sale, all of our Border Collie puppies for sale come from some of the best bloodlines in the country. Cathy Benedict has been breeding and training Border Collies specifically for the humane and effective goose management for more than two decades, and is fully committed to customer satisfaction.
All Border Collies from Goose Dogs For Sale include:
NO HARM, NO FOWL: Get Rid of Geese ASAP
Solve your goose problem with Goose Dogs For Sale! If you’re interested in one of our Border Collies or have some questions, please send us a message using our Contact Page. For now, feel free to explore our website and learn more about our available dogs, Border Collie gallery, health certificates, helpful links, and other resources.
Goose dog at home on the golf course